Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hidalgo, Mexico

I am really excited because yesterday I hung out with my best friend and her family and I was talking to them about this class and some of the topics we bring up in class. My best friend went on to tell me that her grandmother who still lives in Hidalgo, Mexico is more than 110 years old and doesnt speak spanish. She speaks "Dialecto". They explained to me dialecto is a dialect the natives still speak in the city and that they still teach in the schools. She also went on to tell me that her father speaks "Dialecto" but she doesnt speak it because she was in her fathers second family where her mom was from middle class and didnt speak Dialecto, her siblings from the other family speak it.

My friends husbands parents also speak Dialecto and they are here in the US. They agreed to me interviewing them but I am stumped on questions. I have a few but can I get some ideas??

No comments:

Post a Comment