Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Cultural Experiences Recap & Summary of class

-Cumpleaños de gloria
-Miami Trip
-Otomi Interview
- Pelicula cama adentro
-One previous experience

Summary:

I really liked this class. I felt like it would have been awesome to do at least one more class. My thoughts on the book we had to read is it was a lot of information. The book actually saddens me a lot. At some points I just didn't want to go on reading. I felt like it was so similar to the painful stories of the African Slaves and Native Americans from North America and the atrocities and foolery doesn't cease to disgust me. Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if different territories where never conquered and if so many people never died.

The content of this class makes you think and look at life from a different perspective, especially the activities we did when we couldn't speak for ourselves or when we had to guess where the next person was coming from, it gives you a whole new set of eyes to look into yourself and realize your judgement inst always the correct judgement. 

We had a really great class, I think Curtis was a great facilitator. It would be nice to have a possible study abroad, Normandale has one. Its easy to talk about different perspectives but you really jump right in when you are there. 

I found all the information about the ancient native peoples of the Americas very interesting and i was ecstatic when I got to meet the in laws of my best friend and hear them speak the native language.

Overall this class helped me have a greater understanding of different cultures, and cultures within cultures :)
I will continue my journey perfecting and professionalizing my Spanish  I am currently taking a Medical Terminology in Spanish class and I work at Hennipen County Medical Center scheduling patients in Spanish. I love working with the Latino community most people are warm, genuine, and caring. I look forward to continuing my quests to find my destiny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment