Wednesday, September 12, 2012

First impressions 09/04/12

I am exited to start this class! This is an area that really interests me and that I have been immersed in since the 6th grade.
My partner was Bob and one thing that was really interesting about him was that his daughter is studying in Morocco, and she speaks 3 or more languages. I found this fascinating. In the future I would also like to learn French or Portuguese and travel more before my thirties.

I think this class is important to take, because of the growing hispanic population and to clarify any common misconceptions people may have.

For example in outr group we started to talk about things people "though about the culture" We got things like Hard Workers, alot of spicy foods"

I went on to explain that alot of people have the notion that most hispanics eat spicy foods because we are close to Mexico and in Mexico alot of people eat spicy food but from my experience going to Costa Rica, Panama, and Chile, I never ate anything spicy it wasnt the "Norm".

No comments:

Post a Comment